This article was first published in Your Royal Appointment, our weekly royal newsletter, featuring exclusive content from Camilla Tominey, Hannah Furness and Bethan Holt. You can sign up for it here.
I don’t know where to begin with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s extraordinary contributions to Vogue’s prestigious September issue without being accused of unconscious bias.
People often mistake me for a royalist when actually I’m a realist. So in the interests of ‘keeping it real’, may I make the following remarks without being accused of racism (either consciously or unconsciously?) Probably not, as far as the Twittersphere is concerned, but I’m going to make them anyway.
First of all, I wonder…
To continue reading this article
- Access all Premium articles
- Subscriber-only events
- Cancel any time
Free for 30 days
then only £2 per week
- One free Premium article per week
- Newsletters and daily briefings
30 days free, then £2 per week
- Unlimited access to Premium articles
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Exclusive subscriber events and rewards
- The daily newspaper on your smartphone or tablet